Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Facebook is eating the Internet

Sorry that this post is so late.


In other news... FACEBOOK IS TAKING OVER THE INTERNET.


Now that that's out, Facebook is expanding its reign.. Take a look at their latest announcement.
It says how now, you can be on other previously unaffiliated websites (Pandora, CNN, etc) and look for the "Like" button. If you Like something, it's posted to your news feed.

Some might say, whatever, cool. But do you know what that means? That means that Facebook now can track your non-Book related activity (which they probably have been doing for a while). Fabulous -- as if Facebook needed MORE information about us.

Facebook is becoming the new Google.

4 comments:

  1. That is scary that Facebook can now track all of that! I noticed that new ad but I wasn't sure what it meant. I am glad you wrote this blog because I would have never known. Very interesting.

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always kind of suspected that there was something fishy about the whole like button thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so weird how much Facebook is expanding its domain. I only created an account because I thought it was a great way to stay connected to everyone. Then I started commenting on sites I like by hitting the "like" button because then it shows other what is they should look into. I hate though how Facebook is now linked to everything and especially how Facebook can see everything. Faceook just needs to go back to its roots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing as Alexis.... thought it would be a good way to keep in touch with my friends through college but it just seems to be getting more and more crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete